- Testing & Consulting Services
- Asbestos Consulting
- Lead-Based Paint
- Mold Inspections
- Remediation & Construction Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Hazardous Materials Building Surveys
- Expert Testimony
- Project Profile
INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE & SAFETY HAZARDOUS MATERIALS BUILDING COMPONENTS
Hazardous Materials Building Components
Hazardous materials building components should be identified and their disposal properly managed prior to the demolition or renovation of a building. Along with asbestos removal and mold inspections, EE&G conducts building surveys to observe the presence, location, and condition of suspected hazardous building materials; such as Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs), Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), and Mercury containing equipment. Suspect components or equipment are inspected for external labels, manufacturer, serial number, and signs of leakage. The presences or absence of PCBs in unmarked suspect equipment can then be determined by contacting the manufacturer or through laboratory sampling.
- Fluorescent lamps
- Light Ballasts (mercury or PCBs)
- Utility switches and thermostats (mercury)
- Exit light and emergency lighting batteries (lead)
- Freon-containing devices
- Underground storage tanks
- Indoor transformers
- Other regulated lamps:
- High Intensity Discharge (HID).
- High Pressure Sodium (HPS).
- Metal Halide.
- Hydraulic devices (PCBs)
- Non-de-minimus storage of regulated or hazardous substances.
- Other materials which require special handling, including:
- White goods.
- Grease traps.
- Leaded roof flashings and plumbing sealants.
- Fire suppression systems (propellant and discharge).
EE&G providing mold inspections and removal for all of South Florida.