EE&G Offers Home Inspection – (IAQ) Investigations – EE&G Experts in Indoor Air Quality, system maintenance and management and Industrial Hygiene.
Proactive building system maintenance and management programs are the key to resolving potential Indoor Air Quality and Industrial Hygiene problems prior to manifestation of occupant health complaints. Management programs, which include annual baseline IAQ investigations, have proven to reduce building management costs by identifying improperly operating building systems before indoor air quality problems result in occupant health complaints and costly remediation. A typical EE&G baseline annual IAQ survey may include:
- Complete home inspection of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Walk through inspection for potential sources and pathways of poor air quality
- Review of current in-house HVAC maintenance programs
- Collection of thermal comfort parameters (temperature and relative humidity)
- Evaluation of fresh air entering the building
- Screening for chemical agents (e.g. Formaldehyde, TVOCs) as appropriate
- Monitoring for other common agents associated with IAQ complaints including airborne mold and bacteria, particulates, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, temperature, relative humidity and dew point.