- Testing & Consulting Services
- Asbestos Consulting
- Lead-Based Paint
- Mold Inspections
- Remediation & Construction Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Hazardous Materials Building Surveys
- Expert Testimony
- Project Profile
INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE & SAFETY TESTING & CONSULTING SERVICES
Industrial Hygiene Testing & Consulting Services
EE&G professionals are concerned with both health hazards, industrial hygiene, and the immediate economic impact of the health hazards. Every Indoor Air Quality situation is unique; many variables may need to be considered to address a specific issue. Accordingly, EE&G utilizes a phased study approach to economically evaluate IAQ. The initial phase includes visual inspections and a preliminary air quality screening. Based on the data collected in this phase, recommendations for corrective action or additional testing are prepared. The phased approach reduces client expense and focuses on results. IAQ Services include:
- Preliminary building and environmental assessments.
- Development of written scope of work for remedial actions.
- On-site supervision of contractors.
- Post remediation assessments.
- Collections of air and surface samples.
- Water intrusion evaluations including IR scanning.
- Diagnostics of HVAC systems.
- Chemical testing and work hazard evaluations.
Baseline Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Investigations
Proactive building system maintenance and management programs are the key to resolving potential Indoor Air Quality and Industrial Hygiene problems prior to manifestation of occupant health complaints. Management programs, which include annual baseline IAQ investigations, have proven to reduce building management costs by identifying improperly operating building systems before indoor air quality problems result in occupant health complaints and costly remediation. A typical EE&G baseline annual IAQ survey may include:
- Complete Inspection of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Walk through inspection for potential sources and pathways of poor air quality
- Review of current in-house HVAC maintenance programs
- Collection of thermal comfort parameters (temperature and relative humidity)
- Evaluation of fresh air entering the building
- Screening for chemical agents (e.g. Formaldehyde, TVOCs) as appropriate
- Monitoring for other common agents associated with IAQ complaints including airborne mold and bacteria, particulates, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide.
EE&G has developed a three stage approach to resolving indoor air quality issues which results in the most successful and cost-effective completion of IAQ projects. Many indoor air quality complaints can be easily resolved without sophisticated sampling.
Phase I IAQ Site Investigation
- Inspection and characterization of the HVAC system
- Visual inspection of the facility for evidence of microbiological amplification
- Interviews with affected occupants (employees)
- Measurement of thermal comfort parameters (temperature, relative humidity)
- Determination of the amount and distribution of fresh air
- Evaluation and documentation of operations, which may impact, air quality
- Determination of pressure differentials and mapping of moisture vapor
- Identification of moisture content in building materials
Phase II Air and Material Sampling
- Airborne particulate characterization
- Surface microbial organisms
- Dust mites
- Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOCs)
- Carbon monoxide
- Airborne microbial organisms
- Bioaerosols (skin cell fragments, insect parts, fibers, dust and aero- allergens)
- Cockroach extract
- Radon gas
Phase III Remediation Design
- Test and Balance of HVAC System
- Adjustment of HVAC system to provide higher quality of air
- Retrofit of HVAC system to allow more fresh air to enter the space
- Restructure maintenance activities, including training of staff
- Design HVAC system to allow for improved distribution of air
- Comprehensive cleaning and decontamination of duct systems and Air Handlers
EE&G Industrial Hygiene Speicalists - Indoor Air Quality, Asbestos Removal, Mold Inspections - South Florida