In business for over 30 years, EE&G provides our clients with quality service and technical knowledge in hazardous waste management and remediation, asbestos, lead-based paint, industrial hygiene and indoor air quality, environmental audits, compliance audits, property acquisition/cleanup, resource recovery/recycling services, and emergency/disaster response.
In business for over 30 years, EE&G provides our clients with quality service and technical knowledge in hazardous waste management and remediation, asbestos, lead-based paint, industrial hygiene and indoor air quality, environmental audits, compliance audits, property acquisition/cleanup, resource recovery/recycling services, and emergency/disaster response. EE&G has offices in Melbourne, Tampa, and Orlando, in addition to our Home Office in Miami Lakes, FL.
Learn more about EE&G at www.eeandg.com We are currently seeking a STAFF ACCOUNTANT to join our growing team!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Staff Accountant will complete a vast array of financial reporting and accounting functions, including reconciliation of bank accounts, preparation/analysis of monthly and yearly financials, and preparation of budgets and 1099s.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but may be modified or revised depending on the candidate’s level of knowledge, skills, and abilities, and adjustments to company/department needs:
- Record, verify, consolidate, and enter transactions in order to maintain the integrity of accounting information.
- Reconcile bank accounts, maintain fixed assets, and perform intercompany reconciliations.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Daily cash reconciliation and reporting.
- Assist with financial and tax audits. Provide support of auditor requirements, including research and reconcilement as necessary or required.
- Assist Project Accountant with set-up; review; and approval of projects and clients in Deltek Vision.
- Maintain quality working relationships with all internal and external customers, demonstrating positive, professional, and efficient handling of issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 2-3 years accounting and/or finance experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience with Excel and accounting software. Experience with Deltek Vision software preferred.
- Ability to utilize analytical skills in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail and experience establishing priorities and project deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively. Strong organizational and follow-up skills. Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to work well with diverse personnel and personalities. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
EE&G offers a comprehensive Benefits package, including:
- Life and AD&D
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off Benefits
Background Check required.